The module provides a basic theory for working with tolerances in a proactive manner to achieve Robust Designs. Basic tolerance know-how is expected.
After course completion the participant will be able to:
- Understand and master variation management basics
- Use tolerance best practices to improve designs and first sketches
- Use RD8 tolerance tools to aid design choices
- Know how to setup for success based on production capabilities
- Master basic and intermediate tolerance stack-ups
- Master workflows and best practices
- Know how to use rules of thumbs and allocate tolerances “on the fly”
Online (open course) - 2 days
08:00 - 12:00
Classroom style (private) - 1 days
08:00 - 16:00
Between lectures (optional)
Open courses are available for everyone. Open courses are hosted online via MS Teams.
For groups of more than 8 people - private - classroom style training will be scheduled.
The modules below are prerequisites for the module
- See dates in booking system
- Integrate into talent development path