Robust Design Consultant
RD8 is the leading expert within robust design. Every day we help our national and international clients improve their products. Sustainable innovation requires competences, and a scalable toolbox. We are here to deliver all of that.
Our core is a unique Robust Design framework, where we have an objective and metrics driven toolbox from which we deliver services globally. We service R&D, Operations and Manufacturing organizations with professional consulting services. We offer services making sustainable innovation operational, systematic and scalable – in any industry.
Your primary tasks will be to create robust designs and master the activities of e.g. kinematic design, interface reviews, tolerance calculations, 3D CAD design of components, structural simulations and product documentation.
If you have a knack or an ambition to create world-class solutions and support our ambitious clients in realizing their products, we look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working with frontrunners within the area of robust design – experts on a global level – in a start-up with global ambitions. Our highly skilled team works with a go-do attitude and open mindset – creative and structured. There’s a short way from decision to action and a high degree of freedom to shape the company and solutions. Great opportunities to take responsibility and for shaping business areas going forward.
What you will be doing
- Work with small teams to design, analyse and improve mechanical products. We work either inside our client’s teams or as more independent teams.
- Develop solutions for new products across several industries.
- Analyse and improve existing products in a range of industries.
- Create data-driven transparency in your solutions to improve decision-making.
What we need from you
- Master degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Strong analytical capability across tolerance, function and solid mechanics
- Knowledge of Robust Design domain
- Knowledge of production technologies and DFM
- CAD modelling skills. Ideally in Creo and/or SolidWorks
- Minimum of two years working experience. Ideally in mechanical product development
- Working knowledge of statistical methods
- Working knowledge of FEM simulation methods
- Strong communicative and presentation skills
- Knowledge of prototyping tools and methods
- Knowledge of basic programming for Arduino, Raspberry etc.
Our headquarter is located in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark. Borgergade 3, 2. floor, 1300 Copenhagen
For further informations about the position please contact Markus Kyrø +45 30 271 090