Quality management system for R&D - ensure quality of design information
We believe that Robust Design is key for "time-to-quality" and "right-first-time design". We know what good looks like! Upgrade your product development with the RD8 robust engineering system. The RD8 robust engineering system is an insurance and quality management system for your product design approach - enabling transparency and objective design metrics lowering the probability of product launch issues and risk of development detours.
Leading indicators for
Robust engineering system for quality management
RD8 RES supports being best-in-class when working with professional product development and enables R&D organizations to work smarter.
GREENER. SIMPLER. FASTER. SMARTER.
The RD8 way of working aims to develop and produce physical products in a greener, simpler, faster, and smarter way.
CHANGE OF COMPONENTS FROM VIRGIN TO RECYCLED MATERIALS
REDUCTION DEVELOPMENT TIME
IMPROVED SEALING FORCE BETWEEN COMPONENTS
Embed Robust Design in product development
Typical steps for integration of robust design into R&D development process and culture.
See training programs
Tailoring tools to company settings
Integration of way-of-working into development process.
Embed Robust Design metrics as a competitive edge
Application of Robust Design methods on new or redesign projects
- Mobilization of team
- Setting governance
- Robust Design training (see training levels and profiles)
- Project support (application of training to projects)
- Coaching for project leads/project managers/chief engineers
- Culture drivers & ambassadors
- Application of tools/learning to use tools
- Feedback loops & links to data-models
- Tailoring of tools to company specific settings
- Identification of projects/products
- Improve product portfolio robustness: redesign or design of new products
- Alignment with agile/stage gate processes/NPI process
- Alignment with roles & responsibilities
- Continuous improvements workflows
- Alignment with modular setup/standards
- Alignment with workflows/meeting structures/reporting structure
- Active use of Robust Design metrics: portfolio management & roadmap
- Alignment with data analytics/PLM systems/production data/sales data/customer data
- Transparency – visual management
- Reporting/KPIs/management playbook
HOW TO ACHIEVE RESULTS?
To enable organizations to realize the benefits of Robust Design, we introduce the RD8 Robust Engineering System [RES]. A resolution to link Robust Design tools, processes, governance and people together to enhance the robust way of working. It is an R&D upgrade.
Create an innovation factory!
Challenge requirements and specifications. Set long term goals. Lead the market. Be data-driven. Set the standard now and going forward.
A scalable engineering toolbox: RD8 RUN tools.
Methods and processes to guide designers and teams in the development of new products – See the RD8 framework portal.
Management and transparency – Objective metrics for project development tracking and portfolio tracking (product performance in production, sourcing, and the market).
Competence – development of teams, individuals, and leaders.
RD8 RES results in sustainable solutions; by changing the way designers design products and components and how they are sourced, manufactured, and put together!
Are you interested in hearing more
quality management and robust engineering processes?
Book a meeting with us already today