Kinematics: Handling of over-constraints
This module covers how to deal with over-constraints in mechanical designs. How to evaluate the impact of over-constraints and how to make trade-offs between over-constraints, cost, quality, and performance.
After course completion the participant will be able to:
- Be able to communicate over-constraints and effects of them
- Be able to provide a visual overview of product robustness and potential mitigations
- Be able to describe functions and assess robustness of them
- Be able to optimize functions by changing geometry to your advantage
- Estimate performance of a function before test
- Link design condition and robustness to the trustworthiness of calculations
- Use systematic workflows to mitigate design issues (over constraints/unclarities)
Online (open course) - 3 days
08:00 - 12:00
Classroom style (private) - 1.5 days
08:00 - 16:00
Between lectures (optional)
Open courses are available for everyone. Open courses are hosted online via MS Teams.
For groups of more than 8 people - private - classroom style training will be scheduled.
The modules below are prerequisites for the application module
- See dates in booking system
- Integrate into talent development path